Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Friday, July 6, 2012

Loyalty

Loyalty.

That is a big deal to me.  Maybe because I'm a dog person and dogs are the most loyal creatures I know.

It applies to products--I find a brand I like, that does well by me, I stick to it. 

It applies to authors--you write me a fabulous book, I'll keep coming back for more.

It applies to the marketplace--you provide me with a store that gives me one-stop shopping, I'm your friend for life.

It applies to people.  We all know it's never black and white.  All of human relationships are complex, and often difficult--even with the most casual of acquaintances.

But have you ever been disappointed when you wanted to be loyal to a person but they made it impossible for you to do so by their words or actions or both?

That is one of the most disappointing feelings I know.  It leaves you feeling like you've left things undone, unfinished.  Like there's something you're chafing to do, but can't.

Yes the disappointment passes.  But it makes it hard to trust people when these things happen.

But that's part of living life.  Like I always tell everyone else, I must do the same.  Suck it up and deal with it.

But at least it serves to strengthen that quality in me and remind me....

Loyalty matters.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It does. And trust is necessary for it to continue.