Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Saturday, June 30, 2012

Recommended Read: The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D

Last night I finished reading The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D by Nichole Bernier.

http://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Work-Elizabeth-D-Novel/dp/0307887804/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328562907&sr=8-1-spell

I absolutely recommend this book.

I'm not typically a reader of women's fiction.  But I do not hesitate to recommend this book as a great read.

Nichole Bernier reaches deep on so many levels with this book you can take your pick:

* The life of the conflicted artist

* The everyday person's public vs. private persona

* How much of ourselves we truly let go and reveal to our friends

* The conflicted woman torn between career and kids and living for yourself and your family

* Whether we can bring ourselves to trust in others when we go through crises

To that I will add if you are a life-long journaler, or maybe you were before you began blogging or creating your presence on the internet, this will touch you too, maybe make you examine what you might be sacrificing if you give up your private journaling for the public blog forum. 

That's what happened to me.  I've journaled less since I've had my own blog.  This book makes me realize that as a consequence, given how cautious we have to be with our blog posts, that I have censored myself in my own private writings--haven't truly let go and be honest with myself for some years now.  What are the consequences of that?

The only sad factor is this book represents people who never came to know Christ as Savior.  But then that's a reminder to us of how many people walking around still haven't.

Very seldom do I find books that reach down deep and really set me on edge--so much so that I examine myself.  But this one did.

I think you will enjoy it very much.

No comments: