Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry

I just saw the best movie tonight! A new Christiano film entitled "The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry."

WOOHOO!!!! It was awesome and I am so stoked to have a GREAT movie experience for a change!

Rich & Dave Christiano of Five and Two Pictures also created and produced the great film "Time Changer" a few years back, which was my first exposure to their work.

I stumbled upon news of the film by accident - only because when I opened my internet this morning, it opened on a brief article on Gavin MacLeod, who is in this film. So I looked it up to see if it was playing in a theater near me and immediately emailed a couple of my friends to see if they wanted to go. One of them was available so off we went tonight to see it.

Aw man! I loved it! It was so touching, with elements that you don't expect. And as usual with Five and Two Pictures, they don't flinch from the Word. All the actors were terrific. Gavin MacLeod, the child actors, and Robert Guillame (I apologize if I'm spelling his name incorrectly - you know, the actor otherwise known as Benson! 8-)

I can't wait to go back and see it again next Saturday with my friend who couldn't make it tonight. And then I can look forward to it releasing on video.

I urge you to check their website (http://www.sperrymovie.com/) for theaters near you. I pray it is playing in a theater near you. If so, I urge you to go see it. You will be glad that you did.

What a great way to end my week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, a friend of mine posted about this on FB last week. I've heard it is good. thanks for the reminder about it. Love to support good, decent movies and books.

Pat Iacuzzi said...

Hi Brenda--

Gotta jump in on this one! It was filmed about 20 minutes from me in Brockport, N.Y. (a college town). Theater, diner etc. are still there just as you see it. My mom is buried in the cemetery, about five miles from here. But most of all, it's an incredible story. And I just have to say: "o-o-o, Justin's in luv-v-v." :)