Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Monday, July 8, 2013

The Journey To Rotator Cuff Repair, Part 3

Today's post is a warning about stress----

If you're preparing for rotator cuff surgery (or any significant surgery), be prepared for your stress to go through the roof!

In particular, when I am highly stressed, I eat.  Junk.  Usually chocolate.

Truly, in the 14 or so months that I have changed to a healthy lifestyle, I have never been so sorely tested about food as I have been the last few weeks while doing a zillion and one things to prepare for surgery.

Wish I had an easy solution for you, but I don't.  I've succumbed to junk food many times in the last few weeks, the last several days especially.  Yet another reason why I want to get the surgery over with and start reclaiming my life.

No comments: