Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Monday, May 7, 2012

Waiting on Writing

Today's Insight on a Healthy Diet: 

Yesterday I learned that grilling squash doesn't make it taste any better.  So take heed, and spare yourselves from this particular torture!

On Writing:

As frustrating and slow as the process of building a writing career is, I'm excited this year.  I have long been frustrated at how long it took to research, write, and revise a manuscript.  I've mentioned here recently that I just finished my 2nd manuscript (first draft) in a record 15 months.

I've lost track of the number of times I complained to God, "Why, why, why does this whole process take so long?  Why do I have to fight and slog to find time to write even one book?"

I can't claim to understand His answer but I can tell you this.  I feel my writing career has kicked into the next gear in 2012.  The reason?  I am finally in a position to juggle my writing projects.

Which means that this year, for the first time EVER, I will be in a position to be writing one project and editing another.

I've never had that opportunity before. 

That may sound silly to someone else, but it is a monumental confidence booster to me.  And it reminds me of why God has paced my life the way He has.  I was very impatient most of the time, but He knew I needed those years of slow crawling and slow progress to prepare myself to take the next step--the one I'm living out right now.  This year.

I can't wait to see what else He is going to do in my life!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yes! You got it. Now run with it. I love hearing about the personal revelation of why things happen/happened like they do/did. Our Lord is so precise and yet we seldom see it until hindsight hits us in the face. ;)