Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Antsy Writer

AGH!!!!!

The launch into Storyworld #2 is making me NUTS!

As I mentioned in the previous post, I'd been reviewing a whole box full of novel options. Well then I thought I narrowed it down yesterday to one story in particular. But then today a story concept slammed into my head for a novel title that popped into my brain a few weeks ago.

Both are intriguing. Both will require a LOT of research. Both have great potential.

I know what you're thinking. "Big deal, dufus. Just write them both and hush up!" (and even if you're not thinking that, somewhere in the back of my mind, I am).

But writing them concurrently would never work because:
1. I don't have the time on a daily basis to bounce back and forth
2. I seriously doubt I have the brain power to bounce back and forth
3. And it would mean twice the research

So how do I choose? I think this is the single hardest thing about writing--first choosing the story, and then whittling down all the angles a story could take into one cohesive plot. That's the problem with novel writing--it gives you more than enough rope to hang yourself.

I'm anxious to decide because I'm fearful that this next novel will take another 5-6 years if I don't get down to business right away.

Who knows? Maybe I'll have some type of revelation during the night...

No comments: