Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tips for Conducting A Youth Bible Drill?

Well it's another beautiful Sunday and sometimes I like to chuck the whole writing subject on Sunday and concentrate on other matters.

And today I'm seeking input from fellow Christians on the net. If you have participated in or conducted a Youth Bible Drill, I'd love to hear about any helpful hints you have for doing so.

I'm going to conduct a fairly informal one with my youth group in a couple weeks - I want to keep it low key and test the waters. But I know there are more formal, organized drills as well and I'll take any tips or tricks to running a successful one that anyone can offer.

Someone told me not too long ago they thought Bible drills were outdated.

I say HOGWASH!

I want these kids using their Bibles, relying on their Bibles for the rest of their lives. That means knowing what's in it and how to find what they're looking for. Not only for their own benefit but for the benefit of those they come in contact with. And quite frankly, it wouldn't hurt adults to drill on the Bible as well.

So if you've got tips to share, please do!

Have a blessed week, and may your writing flow according to your goals, and I especially pray for those attending the upcoming ACFW conference in three or so weeks - for those going to pitch, for those teaching, for those organizing, and anyone else in between.

No comments: