Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Miss Persnickety Recommends "The Bucket List"

Just like with books, I am extremely picky about what movies I will go see. 95% of the movies that come out I end up eliminating on distasteful content alone (i.e. language, sexual situations etc). Most of the other 5% are then eliminated due to perfectly boring subject matter.

Because of that, I probably only go to see 1-2 movies per year, if that. But last weekend I went to see "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Great movie! I went with a writer friend of mine, and afterward, we went to dinner and analyzed it using the three act structure, plot points, etc and it really helped to get my creative juices flowing.

It's great because it appeals to the nature of almost any human being. I mean how many of us have a list of things we'd like to accomplish before we die? Great range of emotions throughout from laughter to tears and everything in between. Plus a little twist at the end I wasn't expecting.

There is a little foul language in this movie, but compared to much of what comes out in theaters, it is minor in comparison. I don't know how long the film will be in theaters, but I highly recommend it. And if you miss it on the big screen, no doubt it will be out on video fairly soon.

No comments: