Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recommended Read: Medical Error by Richard Mabry

Rating: Four of Five Stars

Just finished reading Richard Mabry's medical mystery Medical Error, published by Abingdon Press.

I was wary of reading it because, while not a medical practitioner, I do work in a hospital, so I feared it wouldn't be much of an "escape" for my leisure reading.

Turns out I was wrong. I enjoyed the read, was caught up in unraveling the mystery along with the main character. And I had narrowed my list of suspects but hadn't figured it out before it was revealed in the story. It was a great romp of a mystery with great characters.

However I give my highest marks because, while the story was laced with romantic elements, I wasn't clobbered over the head with them--it was a subtle piggy-back thread in the overall story. For that, I thank the author.

A very enjoyable read.

No comments: