Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Next Great Medical Thriller?

On the lighter side....

I work in a healthcare facility. Yesterday, a couple coworkers were talking and as usual, I had several people at the plank (that serves as my desk) and the phone ringing off the hook (in other words, business as usual). I was only catching snatches of the conversation.

I learned after the fact that what she actually said was [the movie] The Last Samurai.

But, caught up in work mode as I was, I thought I heard "The Last MRI."

ROTFL!!!!

But that got me to thinking--hey, medical thriller or something! What kind of plot could you make of a title like that?

Horror? The MRI that doesn't let you escape? I mean hey, if Stephen King can be inspired for a lifetime by getting jabbed in the ear with a needle as a kid, this could work, right?

Contemporary fiction? The last 24 hours of a patient's life, culminating with The Last MRI? The one that sealed their fate and left no question to the diagnosis?

Science Fiction? A new race of people is created when an MRI alters their brain chemistry and gives them super powers?

I haven't quite figured out how to make a western of this movie title, however. But I'll think on it.

You never know what a misheard title could inspire. It may even fire something in your imagination. Run with it!

No comments: