Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Saturday, July 3, 2010

Recommended Read: Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

I'm not a big fan of book reviews so you won't find that here. Often book reviews reveal so much of the story in their review it's pointless to read the book.

I will say simply that this book is well worth the read. I mentioned in another post the reason I picked up the book was the beautiful book cover. And it contained a well crafted story within. Personally, I love reading the types of books that "wear you out." They wear you out by keeping your wheels turning and by their intensity. Granted, reading such intense stories is probably not something I could do one after the other.

The other thing I liked about this book is that it is not easily predictable. You can't read two chapters and figure out the rest. It takes quite a while to figure out how these characters are going to impact each other.

It was a fun way to spend my Saturday.

But so much for fun. I need to get back to my own writing! 8-)

1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

I read Lost Mission last November and also did a review . I agree that it was an excellent read. On the day following the review I posted an interview with the author, Athol Dickson, who seems like a highly dedicated author.

Lee
Tossing It Out