Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Odd Writer's Compulsion or Just...Odd?

I have a compulsion to go out and buy some spiral notebooks.

I've had this compulsion for the last several days but I keep resisting.

Why?  Because:
1.  I have some legal pads around the house.  I don't need more paper.

2.  I'm trying to train myself to put even my scratch notes on the computer--the more paper I have around me, the less organized I am. and

3.  While spiral notebooks are certainly cheap, it's a silly thing to spend money on when I could use the money for a Cherry Dr Pepper instead. 8-)

I understand all those reasons rationally.

But I still want to buy some spiral notebooks.

Maybe this is an odd thing writers do.

Or maybe it's just odd.

But I have a feeling before the week is out, I'll be the proud owner of some new spiral notebooks....

No comments: