Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Sunday, June 5, 2011

We'll Miss You, James Arness!

I was very bummed to learn of the death of James Arness, better known to all as Marshall Matt Dillon of Gunsmoke, who died on Friday at the age of 88.

Matt Dillon is such an endearing, ageless character, it's really hard to wrap my head around the idea that James Arness, the man who made Matt, could ever die.  My condolences to his family and friends.

I know very little of the actor, but what a legacy he left behind in Matt Dillon!  And after the 20 year run of Gunsmoke, as the crusty and tough Zeb McCahan in How The West Was Won.

Thanks to James Arness, I had a LOT of great television to watch growing up.  Thank you, Mr. Arness.  You will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

King J's Queen said...

I was waiting for this post. When I read the news of his passing, I thought of you. Another legend gone...

Patti Shene said...

Hi Brenda. So glad to see someone else posted about Jim. He will most definitely be sadly missed! Stop by my blog (www.pattishene.com) when you get a chance and check out my memories of Gunsmoke and Jim.