Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You Gotta Be Fast, Girl

Post script to my excitement of reading James Scott Bell's fantastic novel, Try Dying.

I went to the library yesterday. Decided I'd check and see if the second in the series was there because I didn't want to wait until the next time I made it to B&N to get the book. They had the book, Try Darkness, but I stood there in front of the library book shelf, having an argument with myself (I do this a lot). This time arguing back and forth with myself as to how wise it was to check out another book to read when I had a story of my own to be working on.

So---I put it back on the shelf then rushed out the door to make my dr's appt. But then I came back to the library 2 hours later. I said to myself, "Self, you found a good book series. Get the next one!" So I went zipping over to the bookshelf only to find...

SOMEONE HAD CHECKED IT OUT IN THE SHORT TIME I WAS GONE!!!!!

Sigh. When you snooze, you lose. When will I ever learn? Indecisiveness just doesn't pay...

No comments: