Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Co-Writing Books

A couple of days ago, I posted a Q&A with Anita Higman and Janice Hanna Thompson on their new book, Ozark Weddings. One of the things they briefly addressed in their Q&A is what it was like to co-write with someone on a book project.

This is something that has always fascinated me. Writing fiction is highly personal, so I am in awe of anyone who can successfully team-work a novel. And I got to wondering what successful novel writing teams did to prepare for a collaborative writing project. Of course different people probably divide up the responsibilities differently according to their skills and talents. Still, I don’t think collaborative writing is something to be gone into lightly.

So, I asked around at ACFW if anyone had any blogs or article links they could send me. I got a couple responses. One of them was a delightfully detailed and thought provoking article by Holly Lisle.

I do not know Holly Lisle or her work. But I was impressed with the article. She was very thorough and, quite frankly, raised several points on hashing out a collaborative effort that I’d never even thought of!

So if you’re considering a joint writing venture now or in the future, visit Holly’s link below to give the article a read:

http://hollylisle.com/fm/Articles/wc3-1.html

Happy writing, everyone!

No comments: