Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving/Writing Between The Peaks of Your Story

A few days ago I mentioned the burnout and ungrateful spirit that was wearing me down. I'm pleased to say that while not cured, I am much improved.

During a break at work, I sat down and wanted to challenge myself: in 15 minutes, think of all the things I'm grateful for and see how many of 'em I could write down in that time. I came up with 150 without even breaking a sweat. Given enough time and notebook paper, I bet I could come up with hundreds more.

One of the things I'm thankful for is the presence of dogs in my life, and how they give me such joy--like teaching your dog how to high five and she gets so excited that she gives you a high TEN instead. You gotta love it. 8-)

In the meantime, author Camy Tang has a great article on her site about how to write those scenes that fall in between the tension highs of your story without the story falling off the page. I always find Camy's articles very helpful and succinct and know you will enjoy it too.

Please visit Camy's site here:

http://storysensei.blogspot.com/2009/11/writing-interesting-valleys-in-between.html

May you have a joyous and blessed Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: