Contact Me

Email me
"Hard is not hopeless." - General David Petraeus



Saturday, November 7, 2009

Great AZ Weather A Stumbling Block To Writing

At a time when most states in our grand Union are hunkering down to a less active state of mind as fall advances and winter is ushered in, we in central Arizona are just coming to life enjoying the feel of actual cool air on our skin and less than scorching temps that entice us outdoors at every opportunity.

I love Arizona but hate the heat. But it can't be Arizona without being scorching hot at least half the year. But because the window of time for cool weather is so short, it makes me feel almost desperate to eek out every ounce of outdoor enjoyment I can, while I can.

Add to that the fact that I am working hard to retrain myself and my dog for a better life together and it all adds up to one thing - less writing time.

Sigh.

Truly, you can't have your cake and eat it too. So hard to find time to do all the things you want to do. I jokingly went around the office this week asking coworkers if they had a rich relative who'd be willing to adopt me. No takers.

Discipline is one of the hardest things for a writer to implement. But right now the cool outdoors is what beckons me most. So for at least the near future, those periods of sitting obsessively in front of my computer for hours on end are not on the program. I want to get outside. I want to work hard and train with my dog. I want us both to be happier and healthier as a result.

Speaking of which, I finally had a chance to take some pics of the dog, so the Name That Breed contest will be getting underway in the next few weeks.

Have a blessed weekend, whether filled with writing or not.

No comments: